In the recent years, Anjunadeep artist Lane 8 has been thriving on a successful and notable musical journey. The deep house artist takes steps in releasing pleasant singles like Fingerprint, Midnight, a remix of Innerbloom by Rufus Du Sol and albums, including Rise, and now his storytelling album, Little By Little.
Little By Little characterizes a visionary story, track by track reflecting thorough craftsmanship and patience.
The 10-track collection infuses Lane 8’s particular elegant production that are both mystical and sophisticated intertwining instrumental club elements, pop-infused patterns, and meditative electronic. Mastering the storytelling album, Little By Little results the familiar artistry of Lane 8 that keeps fans coming back.
He exhibits variety featuring vocals by J.F July, Fractures, and Polica’s Channy Leaneagh in the midst of upholding his sound we all dearly love.
I think that writing and releasing my first album, Rise, so early in the Lane 8 project was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. But at the time, it felt like albums were really on the out. A lot of people within the dance music industry said albums were a waste of time and effort – nobody listened to them anymore. Especially not from relatively new, low profile artists! Most artists within dance music were releasing single after single every few months – and having a lot of success with that formula.
Maybe it’s because I grew up on albums, but I’ve always felt that a good album tells a story and creates an experience that is impossible to replicate with a run of single tracks alone – no matter how good they are. When I listened to my favorite albums as a kid, one of the things I loved the most was entering the artist’s world – even if just for an hour, it felt like I was being taken on a unique journey that could really be savored, a journey only that artist could take me on…” -Lane 8
On top of the perception he conveys, Lane 8 also has a reputation for holding close to him the no-phones and no-filming event concept: This Never Happened. Delivering that approach, he has now embarked an extensive global tour taking in North America, Europe, and Australia.
Words by Lane 8 on This Never Happened Concept:
Somewhere along the way, we as a society have lost the ability to experience those special moments. On the rare occasion that they do happen, we scramble to grab our phones in the time to capture them- but those moments cannot be truly captured-and they don’t need to be broadcasted or recorded. Sometimes, the best thing we can do is fully appreciate what is happening in that room, at that moment, with those people around us…
Listen to Lane 8’s album Little by Little below:
Tour Dates Below & Ticket Link Here:
- January 25th – Ironwood Hall, Austin, TX
- January 26th – Stereo Live Houston, Houston, TX
- January 27th – Stereo Live Dallas, Dallas, TX
- February 1st – Concord Music Hall, Chicago, IL
- February 2nd – Majestic Theatre, Madison, WI
- February 3rd – El Club, Detroit, MI
- February 8th – The Loft at Skyway Theatre, Minneapolis, MN
- February 9th – Space, Miami, FL
- February 10th – Gilt, Orlando, FL
- February 16th – Republic New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
- February 17th – The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL
- February 22nd – 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
- February 23rd – Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
- February 24th – Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn, NY
- February 25th – The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA
- March 2nd – Corona Theatre, Montreal, QC
- March 3rd – Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
- March 8th – Terminal West, Atlanta, GA
- March 9th – The Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ
- March 10th – The Novo, Los Angeles, CA
- March 14th – WOW Hall, Eugene, OR
- March 15th – VENUE, Vancouver, BC
- March 16th – Holocene, Portland, OR
- March 17th – The Showbox, Seattle, WA
- March 23rd – Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- March 24th – Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA
- March 25th – Ace of Spades, Sacramento, CA
- April 20th – Sugar, Adelaide, AUS
- April 21st – Max Watts, Sydney, AUS
- April 24th – Prince Bandroom, Melbourne, AUS
- April 25th – Capulet, Brisbane, AUS
- May 3rd – Phonox, London, UK
- May 4th – Versions, Manchester, UK
- May 5th – Concorde 2, Brighton, UK
- May 6th – Voodoo, Belfast, UK
Follow Lane 8: