The leading search platform in the world, Google has access to an unforeseen amount of data that provides valuable insights to human behavior and shifting trends.
One such trend witnessed was the explosive growth of EDM throughout 2014.
Google has constructed an infographic illustrating the proliferation of searches including combinations of the electronic dance music acronym.
The diagram shows the most popular EDM songs of 2014, behavior of EDM fans, and the most frequently mentioned EDM producers.
Key findings of the Google EDM study include:
- EDM fans are more likely than their peers to engage in following their favorite brands on social media
- Millennials between 25 and 34 experienced the most growth among the EDM audience
- EDM interest among those ages 35-49 increased 80% from January to July of 2014
- Subcriptions to EDM channels on YouTube increased 60% on smartphones
- The 9 EDM collaborations on the Billboard Hot 100 year-end list gained more than 2.3 billion views on YouTube
Check out the Google EDM chart below.
View Google’s study on the growth of EDM by clicking here.